Who We Are
The members of the Prairie Hills congregation of the Lord's church welcome you to our website. We're very happy tht you found it! Let us tell you a little bit about our congregation. Our primary purpose and objective is to properly serve and glorify God, our Maker and Creator. This service, of course, in both word and deed (attitues and actions) is to be done according to God's holy and divine will. We believe that the meaning and purpose of our lives (why we're here) can best be explained by the inspired wise man Solomon who stated that we are to "Fear God and keep His commandments, for this is man's all" (Ecclesiastes 12:13). With this in mind, we endeavor to study and follow His holy and inspired word, the Bible, and use it as our only authority of faith and practice (II Timothy 3:16-17).
Using the Bible as our guide, we strive to do the following:
- To be known simply as "Christians" only (Acts 11:26, I Peter 4:16).
- To be members of the one church, the "one body," and bededicated to spiritual unity rather than division (Ephesians 4:3-6).
- To appreicate, teach, and actively practice "the gospel of Christ" in our own lives - knowing that it is the foundation of our faith and the source of our own salvation (Romans 16:16).
- To meet together as brethren, as commanded ont he first day of the weeek, Sunday, and at other times, to properly woship God and edify each other (John 4:24, Acts 2:46-47, Acts 5:42, Acts 20:7, I Corinthians 14:15, I Corinthians 14:26).
- To have proper, scripturally-based leadership in the form of qualified elders (I Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:5-9, Hebrews 13:17).